1. General. This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) shall be applicable to all the Services provided to the Customer by GT&T and its affiliates. By using the Services, the Customer agrees to comply with the terms of this AUP and to be responsible for all users utilizing the Services. GT&T reserves the right to change or modify the terms of the AUP at any time, effective when a revised version of the AUP is provided to Customer or when posted on GT&T's web site, whichever is earlier. Customer's use of the Services after changes to the AUP are posted shall constitute acceptance of any changed or additional terms.
2. Illegal Use Prohibited. The Services and GT&T’s network may be used only for lawful purposes. Access, transmission, distribution, storage or export of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited.
3. Intellectual Property Rights of Others. The Services shall not be used to publish, submit/receive, upload/download, post, use, copy or otherwise reproduce, transmit, re-transmit, distribute or store any content/material or to engage in any activity that infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates the intellectual property rights or privacy or publicity rights of any individual, group or entity, including but not limited to any rights protected by any copyright, patent, trademark laws, trade secret, trade dress, right of privacy, right of publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property right now known or later recognized by statute, judicial decision or regulation.
4. Material or Content. The Services shall not be used to host, post, transmit, or re-transmit any content or material (or to create a domain name or operate from a domain name), that harasses, threatens the health or safety of others, is obscene, or defamatory.
5. Email and Usenet Abuse.
5.1 The Services shall not be used to send unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements. A user shall not use another site's mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site.
5.2 The Services shall not be used to post the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, also known as "SPAM").
5.3 The Services shall not be used to transmit a forged TCP-IP packet header, or any part of the header information, in an email or a newsgroup posting.
6. Security. The Services shall not be used to violate the security of GT&T’s or any parties networks. Examples of security violations include, without limitation, the following:
6.1 i). Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, deliberate attempts to overload a system, mailbombing, flooding and broadcast attacks;
6.2 ii). Unauthorized access (e.g., “hacking”) to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network; or
6.3 iii) Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
7. Other Prohibited Uses.
7.1 The Services shall not be used for commercial by-pass of GT&T’s international switching facilities or for interconnection to the public switched telephone network.
7.2 The Services shall not be used in a manner which contravenes the terms and conditions of the service agreement between the parties and any license, concession or authorization granted to GT&T.
7.3 The Services shall not be used contrary to recognized Internet Protocols.
7.4 The Services shall not be used in a manner that interferes with or adversely affects any other service provided by GT&T.
7.5 The Services shall not be used to route any traffic or affect transmission by a route other than that authorized and approved by GT&T for the purpose of providing the Services.
7.6 To fraudulently evade any charge payable to GT&T for the Services.
8.1 GT&T RESERVES THE RIGHT, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THE SERVICE AGREEMENT AND WITHOUT NOTICE, TO SUSPEND OR TERMINATE THE SERVICES UPON THE FIRST OR ANY SUBSEQUENT VIOLATION OF THE TERMS OF THIS AUP.
8.2 INDIRECT OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY, AND ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS, BY CUSTOMER, ITS END USERS OR THIRD PARTIES ON BEHALF OF THE CUSTOMER OR AN END USER OF THE CUSTOMER SHALL BE CONSIDERED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY BY THE CUSTOMER.
8.3 A VIOLATION OF THE AUP BY THE CUSTOMER, AN END USER OF THE CUSTOMER OR THIRD PARTIES ON BEHALF OF THE CUSTOMER OR AN END USER OF THE CUSTOMER ARE A MATERIAL BREACH AND DEFAULT OF THE APPLICABLE SERVICE AGREEMENT BETWEEN GT&T AND CUSTOMER