Backup Battery - Terms and Conditions
Please note that by subscribing to the battery backup (‘the Equipment’) being offered through the Guyana Telephone & Telegraph Company Limited (‘GT&T’) and by accessing and/or using the Equipment in any way, the Customer, as defined herein, hereby signifies the Customer’s acceptance of the terms and conditions of use hereunder, which the Customer understands will form a binding agreement between the Customer and GT&T. The Customer is hereby deemed to have read the below terms and conditions and to have irrevocably accepted same.
- By purchasing the backup battery unit, the Customer understands and agrees that the Customer will be legally bound by GT&T Terms and Conditions governing the Fibre Service as well as these terms and conditions.
- It will be at GT&T’s sole discretion as to whether all eligibility requirements have or have not been met by a Customer and GTT may require evidence and/or confirmation from customers.
- The Customer understands and agrees that only existing or new GT&T Fibre customers will be able to benefit from the backup battery unit.
- The Customer understands and agrees that the Customer will be required to uplift the backup battery unit from any GT&T store upon payment for the said backup battery unit. Further, the Customer agrees that the Customer will be required to self-install the backup battery unit upon purchase.
- GT&T reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and at its sole discretion. In such an event, notice will be given via GT&T’s website or otherwise and will be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications.
- The Customer understands that the back-up battery is issued with a limited manufacturer’s warranty which shall be passed from GT&T to the Customer. Further, the Customer understands and agrees that any reliance on the manufacturer’s warranty shall be dealt with between the Customer and GT&T’s supplier that is Starr Computer Inc (‘the Supplier’).
- The Customer understands and agrees that all support services related to the backup battery units will be for the account of the Supplier and therefore, the Customer will engage only the Supplier for enforcement of warranties or any defects, or issues with the backup battery units.
- The Customer understands and agrees that the Customer’s use of the back-up battery unit is at the Customer’s sole responsibility, liability, and risk. The Customer further understands and agrees that the backup battery unit is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. GT&T expressly disclaims all representations, warranties, or conditions of any kind with respect to the back-up battery device, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, completeness, performance, system integration, quiet enjoyment, title, and non-infringement.
- GT&T disclaims any warranty that the back-up battery will meet the customer’s requirements or be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the back-up battery is free of viruses or other harmful components. GT&T makes no guarantee regarding the compatibility of any software, hardware, or content with the device.
- The Customer represents and warrants that the Customer may return the backup battery unit within seven (7) days of purchase, as solely indicated by GT&T, if the Customer is no longer interested provided that the Customer returns a fully functional backup battery unit as verified by GT&T as well as pays to GT&T 10% of the cost of the backup battery unit, which represents restocking fee.
- The Customer understands and agrees that the Customer is solely responsible for ensuring that any device or equipment the Customer plugs into or transmits using the back-up battery unit is compatible with the unit.
- To the extent permitted by law, GTT excludes all liability for loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by the Customer under this terms and conditions.
- The terms and conditions, and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by the laws of Guyana and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Guyana.
- The Customer hereby understands and agrees to these terms and conditions.